|Resolving an "oh crap" moment|
The first thing we did Saturday was to pick up the frame. It looked pretty good, but we had to make sure that everything fit into the frame. We send out the frame to get welded, and the drawings we send with the frame usually aren't the greatest. So I had my concerns with the rear frame tubes and the drivetrain - and those fears were realized when we tried to test-fit the drivetrain. The location of those tubes were about an inch off of where they were supposed to be. Two options at this point - push the drivetrain out, or cut off the offending tubes and redo them. After rigging up the drivetrain to see how much we would have to move it, we found that we would have to move it over an inch from its nominal position. This would have been bad news for the tripod angle, so we made the determination to cut off the tubes and redo the rear frame tubes.
|Costi getting ready to weld the first engine mounts|
|Costi welding an engine mount|
|New tubes in and welded|
|Final drivetrain fitment check|