Bullet points after the jump...
- Suspension is done finally after figuring out the bell crank, shock mount, and ARB packaging.
- Steering geometry is done. More ackermann this year and shorter steering arm so that we can use an off the shelf rack.
- Wings mounts done- the rear wing will be carbon fiber tubing with some custom aluminum pieces ot hold the tubes together and an x-brace to make sure the system is statically determinate
- The front wing will use foam core/carbon fiber mounts and bolt onto the frame just behind the bulkhead
- Bodywork design is more or less finished, and clearance for everything so far has been verified.
- New throttle body for this year - single roller design for packaging reasons
- Bodywork and diffuser attachments - I have these more or less figured out, I just need to add a couple of surfaces to the current bodywork
- Steering - I need to measure the rack because the model I have isn't complete. The steering rack has a different housing and sits a bit lower this year (stupid bump steer) and so the mounts need to be redone.
- Integrate the rest of the parts onto the car - drivetrain, new WHUBS, intake, exhaust (the design is more or less done)
- New gas tank (a seat model would be nice to have - maybe someone will make one this year...)
- Carbon fiber a-arms - doable this year in my opinion, but we'll have a backup set of steel ones too.