So we've had a lot happen since our last blogpost. We will be posting a lot more frequently about the teams progress, so expect weekly to biweekly updates!
That being said, our current design has changed quite a bit from what we had in the summer as some of our design goals had to be pushed back a year. The first objective was for us to build the frame. This year we decided to weld the frame ourselves (props to our master welder Costi Shami). After designing the frame exactly how we wanted in CAD, I used VR3 Engineering - Cartesian Tube Profiling to manufacture a laser cut kit with all the tubes that make up the frame. This made assembling and welding the frame so much easier. Even the camber block points were laser cut! We'd like to thank VR3 Engineering for a fantastic frame tube kit!
Cost has been hard at work welding away and we are almost done with the frame! Here is a photo of Costi and the frame from a few weeks ago: